By Drake Jarman
Tonight is the last night of SHSMD Connections 2017 and you won’t see your conference friends for a year. What better way to end things on a high note than by taking the karaoke stage at the Block Party at Universal Studios City Walk?
Based in Nashville, TN, often referred to as “Music City,” we at Stratasan love our karaoke. While we may not be nearly as talented as our neighbors in “the biz,” we never miss an opportunity to channel our inner Taylor Swift.
Thanks to our many hours spent on the karaoke stage, we’re well equipped to share with you 10 karaoke song recommendations. These songs will rock the Block Party and nearly guarantee you four minutes of rockstar fame. Also, be sure to check out the advice below for how to have the best karaoke experience possible.
10 Karaoke Song Recommendations
- Friends in Low Places - Garth Brooks
- Single Ladies - Beyonce
- I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
Oldies but Goodies:
- YMCA - The Village People
- Dancing Queen - Abba
- I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
- Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
- Livin’ on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
- Bye Bye Bye - *NSYNC
- Don’t Stop Believing - Journey
Additional Song Resources:
- Lucky Voice Top 100 Karaoke Songs
- TakeLessons 100+ Best Karaoke Songs for Girls, Guys, Groups & More
- Karaoke Machine Reviews 100 Most Popular Karaoke Songs Ever
How to Ensure the Best Karaoke Experience Possible
- Know the song! If you have to refer to the lyrics, you aren’t doing it right. But, if you happen to miss a line or two, act like a pro and skip to the next line. It’s no different than when you notice an error on a slide in one of your meeting presentations and keep going.
- Read the crowd. If it’s a quiet crowd, go with a Love Song or an Oldy but Goody. If everyone in the crowd is mingling, go with a Crowd Pleaser to get everyone involved. If the crowd is looking to party, harness they high notes of Steve Perry and Don’t Stop Believing!
- Have Fun! Singing karaoke isn’t about being good, it’s about having a good time. Let your barriers down and put your name on this list—let’s do this!
We Stratanauts hope to see you under the bright lights!
P.S. Interested in some good reading to occupy your travel time home from SHSMD? Check out this post: 6 Ways to Create More Effective Presentations.
Article by Drake Jarman, SVP of Sales for Stratasan
Attending SHSMD? Come meet our team! We’ll be at exhibit booth #200 and would love the chance to meet you.