By Sean Conway
You’ve made it to SHSMD Connections 2017, congrats! While your main goal over the next few days will be to make lasting connections with some of the estimated 1,400+ healthcare professionals on-site and attend as many sessions and keynotes as possible, it’s not a bad idea to plan a few after-hours activities as well. Take advantage of the Orlando nightlife to bond with co-workers or mingle and connect with other SHSMD attendees.
If you could use some guidance in arranging the perfect group outing, check out this list of top five Orlando nightlife destinations.
- Lake Eola Park: Aside from being a family friendly hot-spot throughout the day— offering swan-shaped paddle boat rentals, a .9 mile walking trail around the lake, and a farmers market on Sundays—this park turns into an Electronic Dance Music playground for young and not-so-young professionals alike in the evenings. Many of the best nightclubs in Orlando are scattered around the downtown area near Lake Eola Park.
- Wall Street Plaza: Located in the heart of downtown, the Wall Street Plaza provides locals and tourists a place to enjoy easy going restaurants, bars and pubs, and exotic night clubs. Head to Hooch for their 4pm-7pm happy hour and alfresco setting, Monkey Bar for cheap and delicious martinis, Sideshow for feel-good American food and live sports, and end your night at Shine, a slightly cheesy yet hugely popular nightclub.
- Happily Ever After Nighttime Spectacular: The Magic Kingdom puts on a firework show that lights up Cinderella's Castle every night. According to the official Disney Parks Blog, the show showcases “some of the greatest adventures Disney characters have taken to achieve their dreams. It features the latest fireworks and pyrotechnics and original animation, plus a heart-tugging original score."
- Kings Bowl Orlando: Not your average bowling alley, Kings Orlando is a 30,000-square-foot entertainment facility featuring an upscale, retro-inspired décor, space for up to 920 guests, and over 60 giant HDTV’s and HD projector screens. A family friendly environment packed with arcade games, a bowling alley, delicious food, and fantastic beverages, it’s the perfect destination for big parties and large group outings.
- Orlando Improv Comedy Club: A historic venue that has seen stars such as Robin Williams, Adam Sandler, and Drew Carey, this club has a great line-up of talent scheduled for the SHSMD week. With ticket prices ranging from $20-35, it’s an easy way to break the ice and share a few laughs with other SHSMD attendees.
Don’t underestimate the value of some good, casual fun for creating lifelong memories with co-workers and new SHSMD acquaintances. Come away with some lively stories and new friends after checking out any of the nightlife experiences listed above.
Article by Sean Conway, Manager of Sales for Stratasan
Attending SHSMD? Come meet our team! We’ll be at exhibit booth #200 and would love the chance to meet you.