And How the Right Tools Can Help You Know Where to Grow
Our entire Stratasan team knows the importance of deeply understanding the needs and desires of the healthcare strategists, marketers, physician liaisons and other decision-makers we serve. We're constantly working to identify our customers' motivations, challenges and struggles, so we can more effectively support them and better tailor our products and services to capably address their top priorities.
It was with this in mind that we recently brought in outside experts to help bridge knowledge gaps and amplify internal understanding of the always complex, always changing acute care, ancillary and payer spaces. This amazing team - highly skilled at conducting in-depth qualitative research and utilizing simple frameworks to capture a central message - served us well, both confirming what we already knew and uncovering many interesting new insights. In this post, we’ll share some common themes from our research, and how we’re pivoting our outreach to more closely align with the ways we provide value.
Uncovering the Cause
While one of our research goals was to improve our messaging, another priority was to hear from our market, whether existing customers or not. We wanted to learn more about what the people on the strategy and growth side of healthcare are facing - to better understand their common pain points and frustrations.
Speaking with everyone from analysts to VPs to CEOs, we were able to perceive big-picture concerns and pinpoint everyday hurdles. We got a better understanding of what’s on everyone's mind, which is… a lot. Top issues ran the gamut, including hospital consolidation, post-COVID realities, non-acute care, and physician loyalty. Ultimately though, all our research could be summed in one question:
“With all this data and all these tools, why is our market still catching us by surprise?”
So many of the people we interviewed shared frustrations about not being able to get the right answers. Or, they were questioning the answers they did get. They were overwhelmed by the sheer amount of data there is to work with. Or the lack of good, clean data to analyze. Or, worse yet, they were frustrated by the vagueness of the reports they had to work with based on all the conflicting data. Everyone we talked to was left with a lot of unanswered questions, such as:
- Which side of the highway should I build this new hospital on?
- Why can’t this data tool give me more detail on our patient populations?
- Why aren’t we seeing more traffic in our brand new cardiology wing?
- How many doctors should we allow for in our next urgent care location?
- Why are physicians referring so many patients to that clinic across the street?
- How are the changing demographics in this neighborhood going to affect our 2025 strategy?
- How can I get the granular level of detail I need to actually make the right decision on our ICU planning?
- Why haven’t I heard from a human after pinging this chatbot 8 times in the last minute?
- What’s our growth strategy for when Gen Z grows up?
- What questions aren’t we asking that we should be?
With so many questions weighing heavily, it’s easy to see why the professionals driving the growth of healthcare are stressed and overwhelmed. Our key takeaway though was a clear realization that Stratasan possesses the resources and intelligence to help.
Our Message to the Healthcare World
Stratasan software and services are how healthcare organizations can finally get a clear picture of what’s going on in their target markets – so they know where to grow next. We make it possible for our partners to:
- Know the real reason why revenue from cardiac care was down for the third month in a row
- Know the potential impact of the Omicron variant on elective surgeries next quarter
- Know how much farther retirees would drive to see a specialist
- Know exactly which unintended consequences would be built into that new ER wing planned for next year
- Know where the doctors are really sending your patients
- Know just how much bigger the reimbursements are for that other big health system in town
- Know if last year’s uptick in adult orthodontic patients is really the first sign of a longer-term shift in demand
Stratasan can help you identify your strategic growth opportunities, plan, and develop your next steps. We offer very specific, tangible insights and data that’s transparent, so you don’t have to question the intelligence you collect.
Stratasan is a partner that can offer real answers, real agility, and real support to address these specific needs.
Real answers – to your organization’s strategic growth questions, delivered by our dynamic analysis and visualization platform that enables you to drill deep into the most comprehensive dataset.
Real agility – from a collaborative, flexible partner, offering a wide range of products and services along with multiple delivery models to meet your specific needs.
Real support – from experts who will get back to you in minutes and give you helpful onboarding guidance and ongoing support.
That’s why organizations including HCA Healthcare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Texas Hospital Association all choose to partner with Stratasan. In fact, our approach is already helping more than 1,100 healthcare providers understand where they are and where then want/need to go.
If this message resonates with the conversations your organization has been having and you think Stratasan could be the right fit to help your team plan for the future, let’s talk. We’d love to hear more about how we can support your growth initiatives and goals. Click here, to book a call with one of our experts today.
Article by Jennifer Keller, Senior Director, Brand Strategy, Stratasan